TERMINOLOGY: the word browser is used a lot in this manual. A browser is the software or app you use to surf the web, such as Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. In tablets and smart phones it may be the compass or globe icon.
TERMINOLOGY: the words order, client, and staff/contractor are used in this manual. You can easily change these words in your software’s settings.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Logging in
- Welcome / Billing / My Info / Print / WebMail / Help / Logout
- Property Listings
- Invoices & Reports
- Website Pages
- Web Marketing
- Site Settings
NOTE: This manual describes all the features of COMPLETE. If you have BASIC or PRO, some features listed here will not be available in your website.
Last Updated 7/3/13
- If your version is older than the date you above, there may be features described here that aren’t in your website. You can ask to have your website upgraded to the current version to take advantage of any new features.
This manual is arranged by sections that correspond to the links you see in the top-menu navigation when you login to your site. This manual is written primarily for site administrators, though other site users can also reference any parts which apply to them.
In order to use the website, you must first login. The login page for administrators and staff/contractors is at www.yourwebsite.com/a (substitute your actual website’s name for yourwebsite). Some websites also have a login box in the front-end sidebar (www.yourwebsite.com).
- Your website will start out with one admin, one staff, and one client account.
- If you forget your login, use the login reminder feature in the login box.
- If you leave the site unattended for a long time, you may need to login again.
These links appear at the top right of every page within the admin interface.
Gives an overview of recent activity. Also shows quick instructions, user tips, and news about the latest upgrades. Can be turned on and off within Site Settings > Misc Site Options.
BILLING (not visible to staff/contractors)
Shows information on current account status of your web software. Shows payments, outstanding balance, and optional items.
Edit your account profile information such as your password.
Will print the content area of whatever page you’re on. How exactly it prints will depend on your browser.
If Valued Websites is your email provider, you can access WebMail here. When you use WebMail your email piles up on the server, so you may reach your disk space quota unless you periodically use regular email software to flush your email from the server and save your email on your own computer. Or you can upgrade to the unlimited disk space option for $199/year. Or use a third party such as Gmail or Godaddy for email services.
Leads to the Valued Websites help pages (this is one of them), where the reader can (hopefully) get in-depth information about the functioning of your website. There are also little question mark boxes () you can point at to get quick explanations of things on that page.
Logs out the current user from the site. If you have an admin account and a staff/contractor account and wish to switch from one to the other, logout first before re-logging in as the other account.
ADD NEW ORDER
You can add orders into the system yourself, for example if a client is placing an order over the phone, or if they mailed or faxed you an order. Otherwise, clients submit new orders from the front end of the website on their own.
Filter your orders based on various criteria: keyword, staff member, contractor company, client name, client company, order status, payment status, order date, and more. View the results or export them as an Excel-compatible CSV (comma separated values) file.
ALL YOUR ORDERS
Different order statuses can be enabled or disabled under Settings > Data Fields > Multiple Value Fields > Order Status. Order statuses may include:
- New: When a client submits an order through the front end of the website (through your website’s order form), it will show up here. New orders must be processed by an admin and assigned to a staff/contractor before that person can work with that order.
- Open: An open order is a new order that has been assigned to someone, and is being worked on.
- Scheduled: A scheduled order is a new order that has been assigned to someone and has a date scheduled for the work to be done.
- Completed: After an admin has reviewed an order that someone has worked on, the admin can set the status of the order to Completed.
- Suspended: Select this order status if you or the client needs to put the order on hold.
- Cancelled: If the client cancels the order, this is the order status to use.
- Archived: Set orders to this status to denote they are old news.
You can also add your own custom order statuses.
- If a status link appears boldfaced it means that an order has been assigned to that status within the past week. For example, if a client submits a new order, the New link will appear boldfaced for up to a week after the client submitted it. This is meant to help catch your attention. You can enable or disable this boldfacing within Settings > Misc Site Options > Speed Up The Site
- If you disable a particular order status within Settings > Data Fields, any orders that may have had that status will no longer be accessible to you until you re-enable that order status. They will not be automatically deleted. You may still search for them under their address to find them.
Only visible if you signed up for the Property Modules option ($97/year).
Only visible to admins to add, edit, and delete agent accounts. Agents can’t add accounts on their own. An agent account is required before property listings can be added.
Add, edit, or delete property listings. Agents can only access their own listings, and admins can access all listings. Set a featured listing by editing the property.
Add, edit, and delete site users (admins, staff/contractors, and clients). When you add a new user or edit an existing user’s information, an automated email will be sent to them including their login information.
ADD NEW STAFF MEMBER
- You can enter a default fee split percentage on this page. You will be able to modify this fee split on a per-order basis in the order editing screens.
MANAGE STAFF MEMBERS
Add, view, edit, and delete staff members and contractors
- If you delete a staff member or contractor, it will not delete any orders associated with that person.
ADD NEW CLIENT
- If you have multiple clients who work for the same company, be sure to enter their company name exactly the same for every client who works for that company, including spelling and punctuation.
- If you delete a client, it will not delete any orders associated with that client.
ADD NEW ADMIN
- While you can manage orders with an admin account, you can’t assign orders to an admin account. So if you’re a one-person shop, be sure to create at least one staff account so you can assign orders to that staff account, but you can continue to use the admin account to manage your orders.
- When you customize the automated emails you’ll notice you can have certain emails sent to more than one administrator. There does not need to be a corresponding admin account set up in the website for these emails as long as the various admin email addresses themselves are working.
ASSIGN TO TEAMS (if enabled)
Enable this feature under Site Settings > Misc Site Options so the master admin can assign every site user (sub-admin, staff/contractor, client) to one or more teams/workgroups/company divisions/account execs.
MANAGE TEAMS (if enabled)
Set up and name your different teams/workgroups/company divisions/account execs.
Access the site’s built-in invoicing features here. Add, edit, view, send, and delete invoices.
Shows all orders within a date range, client, or company. Will also total up the fees for these orders. View orders that remain unpaid, and turn these into invoices then sent to clients.
This report shows all fee split totals for staff and/or contractors for the date ranges, clients, and/or companies that you specify. These can be exported as an Excel-compatible CSV (comma separated values) file.
- Contractor fee splits need to be set up for the user fees report to work.
- Contractors will only see their own fees.
View turnaround times on getting orders completed by staff member/contractor.
Filter orders by staff member/contractor, date field, and display in a calendar view. Useful for viewing scheduled dates, completed dates, assigned dates, any dates.
Perform basic math on up to three order form fields.
Shows all automated email alerts that they system has attempted to send out within the last 30 days.
NEWSLETTERS / GROUP EMAIL
Quickly send an email to every client, staff member/contractor, or sub-admin.
EXPORT / BACKUP DATABASE
Export all orders, clients, or staff members/contractors as an Excel-compatible or SQL file.
- The server is automatically backed up weekly. If you ask, we can also set the web database to be sent to you as an email attachment on a regular basis. For increased file backups, consider enabling the Cloud File Storage function.
MANAGE PAGES & LINKS
Add, edit, and delete front-end website pages (publicly visible). There are 3 page types: public, private (logged-in), and orphan pages.
Anyone visiting your website can see public pages such as your home page, "about us" page, and contact page. Private pages are only accessible to clients after they’ve logged in. These could include a page displaying your licenses. Orphan pages are ones that are not linked to from the main site navigation. A use for orphan pages would be a "Terms & Conditions" page. More detailed tutorial on adding and editing pages here.
Enter your company’s contact information for use in front-end contact info areas.
Certain front-end forms contain instructions that you can edit here.
FAXABLE ORDER FORM
For your less tech-savvy clients, enable a printable / faxable order form that will have the same fields as your regular order form. This can either be generated by the website based on your order form settings, or you can upload your own custom PDF form.
Your web software comes with several visual design template choices. Choose one here and it takes effect immediately.
LOGO & SIDEBAR IMAGE
Upload your own JPG format logo for the front end header, front end sidebar, and admin area.
HEADER IMAGE & TAGLINE
Upload your own header image for the front end. Optionally put your company’s tagline on top of it.
FONTS & COLORS – FRONT
Choose a font set and color scheme for the front end of your website.
FONTS & COLORS – BACK
Choose a font set and color scheme for the admin and staff/contractors area of your website.
All our web software packages come with leading-edge online marketing features typically found in much more pricy systems.
REQUEST INFO FORM
Let site visitors enter their contact information. You get emailed.
Upload a free whitepaper for site visitors to download in exchange for giving your their contact information.
LANDING PAGES FOR PPC
If you have a pay-per-click (PPC) campaign using Google’s Adwords, you can create custom landing pages that include a modal (popup) box requesting the site visitor’s contact info.
Enter the URLs of your accounts with the most popular social networking sites to quickly create icons with links to your social networking accounts.
SEARCH ENGINES (SEO)
Contains general search engine optimization information.
Enable/disable many site features. See tooltips on that page for details on each option.
Specify the different messages visible on the Welcome page when an admin or staff member/contractor first logs in. Also specify the message clients see when they login to their client area.
Automated email alerts can be edited here. Enable or disable each one, and control what they say, what placeholders they use, and who they go to.
This set of screens controls the data that is collected for each order. You can change the names of order form fields, turn them on or off, and determine whether staff/contractors or clients can view or edit each field.
Clients can pay for their orders right on your website, or you can process their payments for them. Supported online payment options include Authorize.net, PayPal, and Mal’s e-Commerce. See online payment methods for more info.
Choose settings related to system-generated invoices.
Determine whether staff/contractors can or can’t do certain things within the site.
- If selecting individual staff members/contractors, hold down the Control key (Command on Macs) while clicking on user’s names to select (or unselect) more than one person at a time.
CLOUD-BASED FILE STORAGE
Highly secure and highly backed-up file storage. Uses the same infrastructure as banks and hospitals use to archive their data. 15 cents per gigabyte per month.
For more information or if you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org