- Is your website down?
- Are you having email problems?
- Does one or more pages of your website have an error message?
- Is something on the website working improperly, but not giving an error message?
- Do you need some work done on your website?
If your issue is NOT addressed here, email email@example.com, and include details such as URLs, screenshots (if you know how to take them), login information if you’ve changed it, and specifics about the issue you’re experiencing.
By “down” this means that when you go to www.yourwebsite.com in your browser, your browser is completely unable to find your website. A browser is the software program such as Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox, which you use to access the internet.
Sometimes host servers (computers) or internet connections break. Rest assured that they are being monitored and will be fixed ASAP. Often if you find your website is down, if you check back in 15 minutes it will be online again. If this is an isolated incident, you’re probably safe ignoring it.
But if the downtime is longer lasting, it might be worth checking:
1. Has your domain name registration lapsed? You might want to login to your domain name registrar’s website (the company you registered your domain name with) and be sure it hasn’t. If it has, you should re-register it as quickly as possible. Often reminder emails from your registrar will end up in spam folders. Re-registering a lapsed domain name will often automatically bring back a downed website, though it could take hours or even days. There is nothing I can do to speed that up. I most likely do not have your registrar login information. You may be able to find out who your registrar is and if your registration has lapsed by entering your domain name here.
2. Can you access other websites? If not, then the issue is not with your website but with your computer or internet service. You would need to call your internet service provider in that case.
3. Have you paid your Valued Websites bill? If not, and you’re several months overdue, we may have disabled your website. We will have emailed you several times and sent you a bill through the postal mail before this happens.
This only applies if your email is hosted by Valued Websites. If you have a gmail or other 3rd party account, please see their email support files.
Please see the section above about the website being down as many of the same issues are in play with email. If you are able to figure out a workaround (like using webmail or a different computer), if possible please do so until I get back.
There are many resources online for troubleshooting email connection issues. A Google search might be helpful.
If so, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and be sure to include the exact URL where the problem occured, as well as copying and pasting verbatim any error messages you might be seeing, and also describing what you did that lead up to the error. If you can take a screenshot and send that, that will be helpful.
Please double-check to be sure you didn’t mis-type something into the website, and also refer to the manual or other help files. If you’re sure that it’s the website, and not a data entry or site configuration issue that you have control over, send an email to email@example.com, and be sure to include the exact URL where the problem info, a description of the issue, and also describe what you did that lead up to the issue.
If so, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and be sure to include as many details about what you need done as possible, when you need it done, and include any relevant logins if you’ve changed them.
For more information or if you have any questions please email email@example.com